Yesterday I was able to tick off another project of my to-do-list after I'd finished the travelcot. And unbelievable as it may sound, I'm starting to run out of things to do. In fact, right now there is no project that just *has* to be finished before the baby's arrival... does this mean that I'm ready?!
I did really want to get this project finished as I think we will be using it a lot in the next couple of months. I'm pretty sure I want the baby to be close to me often and it's going to be too much trouble dragging the 'real' cot up and down the stairs.
So first I bought a new mattrass (the old one was yuk) which I cut to size and then covered with white cotton.
Then I started with the blanket. It turned out very simple, but I didn't want to add any more frills because the fabric is so pretty. Unfortunately I cut off one bit of the extra fabric of the back that I was going to use for the binding, which caused a bit of frustration and delay, but I managed to fix it alright.
Next up was the lining. Not difficult at all, because I used the old fabric as a template, so all I had to do was sew it together and make openings for the handles.
All in all, I'm very pleased with it and I'm glad that I found a way to use my beloved matryoshka fabric.
While I was at it I also made two matryoshka dolls from the gorgeous fabric that I ordered from the lovely and helpful Erika from MikoDesign. She printed the fabric herself.
I want to make some more to use as decoration. Also, I would like to make a cushion out of the tree fabric for the chair in the nursery. So it seems that I'm not quite done with my to-do-list yet after all ;)