I think I made the deadline for Spring Top Week...
... although I didn't make the deadline for a daylight photo!
Still, it's finished ( almost... I still need to hem it... sssshh!) and that's what's most important.
This was actually the first top I ever made for myself and that from my very first Simplicity (4589) pattern ever!
For a first time I think that it didn't turn out bad, although there are a few things that I would like to change next time. Most significantly it is too big, which is easily solved.
I used a children's bedsheet that I found in the thriftstore a few weeks ago. It truly is a lovely print! The whole top came about rather quickly, although I found it surprisingly difficult to understand the English sewing terminolgy :)
Thank you, Rae, for hosting such an inspirational week! It made me take the plunge! Please, make sure you check out Rae's blog to see her and everyone else's beautiful tops!
And sorry for the crappy photos. I'll post some better ones soon.