A little project that I did a few weeks ago was to make one of my own tops fit Amber.
She was sincerely in love with the top and tried to wear it a few times. Of course it was far too big for her and it looked a bit silly because of it, so I decided to resize it.
I started by cutting away a strip of fabric in the middle to shorten the whole garment.
As a guide for the upper body I used an Ottobre pattern. I merely used it as a rough template and that worked well. Then I took in the sides and finished the seams with the serger.
After sewing the two halves of the tops back together (I gathered the lower part slightly to make it fit the upper part) and hand sewing the front gap close I was finished.
And it has Amber's stamp of approval, so a job well done!