Now that I have my very own serger, a whole new world of sewing possibilities has opened up. I must say that that is a little frightening as well as very exciting :)
One of the first things that I wanted to try was to make some underwear for the boys. Well, today I managed to sew something that looks remarkably like a boxer short. Not bad for a first try I think. Of course there are many things that can be improved, but it's wearable and Linus was happy to try it on.
I did some research on the interwebs and then I cut up on old pair of boxer's and used that as a template for a pattern.
The fabric I used is a pyjama shirt of mine and that worked fine. Elastic came from the stash, so nothing spent on this project.
Another thing I finished were a pair of pyjama/jogging pants for Simon. These came together so quickly, a very satisfying job indeed.
Lastly, I finished three of these shopping bags, made from old t-shirts. Simple, cute and practical. I'll look for a link and will post that soon.