I had a little Typepad trouble, but it's all fixed now :)
Let me get back into the groove by showing you the fantastic princess cake that Michel made for Amber's birthday! It turned out so well and it tasted great too. Plus Amber really liked it... win win win :)
I made a blouse for Amber using an Ottobre pattern (autumn 2008). It wasn't commissioned by her, so I knew I was taking a bit of a risk by just sewing for it her. The lady is developing her own taste and is known to be quite demanding.
The fabric I used came from my stash. I love it and I've been holding onto it for years. The owl application was Amber's choice, I bought that and a few others in a drugstore the other day.
The blouse came together pretty easy and I'm satisfied with how it turned out.
However, little Miss thinks it's too wide... so I will contemplate whether I will think it will be worth making alterations.
PS I only allowed the uncombed hair because we are on school holiday. And even then... a disgrace ;)